Volumetric feeders for extrusion and injection molding
Dosing with a volumetric feeder means adding masterbatch, powder, regrind or liquid additives by volume to a plastics production process. A volumetric feeder needs to be calibrated manually as the volume can change due to external factors. Volumetric feeding is used in both injection molding and extrusion.
Volumetric feeders with a low investment
In the injection molding industry the volumetric feeder MDS 6 Feeder (MC12) of Movacolor is well sold. This is the cheapest volumetric feeder of Movacolor and also very suitable for extrusion applications. For the extrusion industry Movacolor offers the volumetric feeder MDS 6 Feeder (MC18), which adjusts automatically to the extruder speed. The robust MC12 Economy and MC18 synchronic have a capacity of 0.07-180 kg/h, are relatively low on investment, immediately give high savings and are easy to operate with a control panel.
Volumetric feeders with extra features
- Accurate feeding through dosing cylinder
- Stepper motor speed starting from 0.1 up to 200 rpm
- Manual adjustment
- Capacity 0.07-180 kg/h, measured with normal granular masterbatch 0.8 kg/dm3
- Automatic recipes storage function
- The menu-guided control has a graphic LCD display with backlight
- A warning and alarm output and an integrated hopper loader control are also part of the MDS 6 Feeder (MC30)
- This volumetric feeder is suitable for both injection molding and extrusion
Volumetric feeding with a high precision dosing cylinder
All our volumetric feeders are equipped with a unique high precision Movacolor dosing cylinder. The Movacolor dosing cylinder doses the additive in a steady flow directly into the main material without any interruptions or pulsations. Dosing with a Movacolor dosing cylinder ensures far more accurate dosing than other dosing techniques using a screw for example.
When is a volumetric feeder the best option?
A volumetric feeder perfectly fits the needs of plastic processing companies who wish:
- Reduction of (investment) costs
- Accurate dosing when calibrated regularly by hand
- Accurate volumetric feeding offering extra control and monitoring
- An accurate dosing unit in terms of sustainability
- Higher efficiency
- More stability in the production process